- Drive Force: Natural frequency vibration of the VIBRA-DRUM® produces a beneficial drum-like rotary motion that quickly reduces sand lumps without casting damage. High frequency agitation efficiently reduces sand to original grain size. The tumbling action of the VIBRA-DRUM® scrubs the casting surfaces without castings sustaining damage.
- Non-rotation design is easier to feed, easier to unload, and easier to maintain.
- Heavy-duty liners are made of abrasion resistant wear plate to last.
- Totally enclosed structure reduces dust collection requirements.
- Castings come out cleaner and cooler with reduced scrap when compared to rotary or brute force vibratory drums.
Proven in hundreds of applications worldwide, VIBRA-DRUM® sand and casting shakeout processors have revolutionized high volume mold/sand handling for foundry applications. This versatile two-mass system removes sand and tramp metal without damaging castings, reduces sand lumps to original grain size, and equalizes shakeout sand temperature — all in one continuous, energy-efficient operation.
Two-mass vibrating drums deliver high capacity to 400 TPH, plus superior material motion for efficient sand and casting processing. Natural frequency vibration produces a beneficial drum-like rotary motion that quickly reduces sand lumps without casting damage. High frequency agitation efficiently reduces sand to original grain size. Put it all together and you have a simple, easy-to-maintain, non-rotating design with all the environmental benefits of a totally enclosed rotating drum — but with no air handling, sealing, or interface problems and no casting damage. Our non-rotating drum design simplifies the installation of feed and discharge systems and facilitates in-process inspection.