Our engineering team works to ensure that all clean-air standards are met and the ductwork meets or exceeds codes under the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractor’s National Association industry standards, including class one and two, residential and industrial.
Some of those standards and considerations for ductwork design, manufacturing and installation include:
- Round ducts should be used rather than rectangular ones to minimize turbulence.
- Duct turns and bends should be as gradual as possible. The angle of duct bends should be greater than 90 degrees so as to reduce air flow resistance.
- Changes in duct diameter should also be gradual to reduce friction and turbulence.
- Duct joints should be smooth and leak-free.
Ductwork systems can be designed and fabricated in the following materials:
- Hot or cold rolled steel
- Galvanized steel
- AR 400 abrasion-resistant plates
- Stainless steel